Wheel Alignment Naples Florida Collier Tire is able to perform quality, efficient alignments for your car. If you’re out of alignment even just a little, your car and your life could be at stake. Come in for your tire alignment in Naples, FL today.
WHY TIRE ALIGNMENT MATTERS
Improper wheel or tire alignment can cause your tires to wear unevenly and prematurely. Here are some specific types of undue tread wear attributable to misalignment.
Tires are “feathered” when the tread is smooth on one side and sharp on another. This is usually a sign of poor toe alignment.
This strain of tread wear means the inside or outside of the tread is significantly more worn than the center of the tread. As its name implies, positive or negative camber causes this type of wear.
This happens when one side of your tread blocks wears down more quickly than the other in a circumferential direction. When you run your hand over the tread, it will look and feel like saw teeth when viewed from the side. Heel/toe wear could be a sign of under inflation and/or lack of rotation.
If you’re experiencing any of these unusual wear patterns, you should have a technician check your alignment. While tire wear prevention is a good reason to keep your wheel alignment in check, the consequences of misalignment can also play out in overall vehicle performance. A car that pulls to one side or steers erratically, for example, probably has an alignment problem.
Wheel Alignment Services
When a car is checked or brought in for alignment, it goes through a series of steps:
- All steering and suspension systems are inspected. This includes air pressure and overall tire conditions.
- Your car is lifted onto an alignment rack, where cutting-edge sensors are able to detect current alignment.
- According to how manufacturers recommend it, angles that are toe, caster, and cumber are realigned to proper measurements.
- We now look at the modified alignment to make sure that wheels and axles are matched up.
- At the end of the alignment service, you are given a printout that shows the before and after alignment.
At Collier Tire, you don’t have to wait around all day for your car or truck to be aligned. With three dedicated alignment technicians, your car can be aligned in a few hours, which is much less time than many other car shops. The technicians have been with our company for years, so you can rely on their expertise and efficiency for a job well done.
Wheel Alignment Naples Florida