Cooling Systems Naples Florida. The cooling system removes the tremendous heat generated by your vehicle’s engine. This heat, if left uncontrolled, can quickly damage vital engine components. The cooling system is sealed and under pressure.
When does my car cooling system need service?
The car cooling system should be checked yearly. Failure to maintain the cooling system can result in overheating, which can cause severe damage to the engine.
What is included in the cooling system service?
- The pressure conditions and coolant volume are checked.
- The radiator cap is checked to ensure it functions and fits correctly.
- Radiator hoses are checked to ensure they are not worn, cracked or disintegrating.
- Engine belts are checked.
Are there environmental concerns with having my cooling system serviced?
Collier Tire services cooling systems in an environmentally- friendly way. We pump out the existing coolant and properly dispose of the used coolant according to EPA standards. We service the cooling system with a conditioner, which will clean out the system.
We then refill the system with new anti-freeze, adding a coolant system sealer when recommended. The last step of the process is to purge the system of all air pockets, ensuring that the cooling fans function in a timely manner.
Car cooling system service is recommended based on manufacturer’s standards or when needed as determined by our inspection industry standards
Things to watch for
- Check antifreeze/coolant level monthly. Only use a 50/50 solution of anti-freeze/coolant and water.
- Water quality plays an important role in protecting the cooling system. A high mineral content may cause scaling or corrosion. Distilled water should be used in 50/50 solution
- CAUTION: Do not remove the radiator pressure cap when the engine is HOT.
- Inspect belts monthly. Replace belts that are worn, frayed or glazed.
- Adjust belts when more than 1/2 inch can be depressed between the pulleys.
- Belts with spring-loaded tensioner do not require manual adjustments.